Thursday, November 8, 2007

Post-season blah

So now the startling "news" that the FIA is charging Renault with spying are replacing the puff pieces on Hamilton's hubris for leaving Britain to live in Switzerland. As a friend of mine likes to say, "I hate the off season."

It's the end of the calendar year, the end of the racing year, and Formula 1 seems intent on maintaining its share of our collective attention spans. Now the show has moved indoors... it's a courtroom drama! Intrigue, oh my! Spying! Cheating! Millions of dollars are at stake! Billions even!

Well, you probably know what I'm going to say next: If I were Lewis Hamilton... I would be having the time of my life! I would LOVE to move to Geneva (though I would probably love Monaco even more)! I wouldn't be too surprised, however, if my fame moved with me.

Brace yourself, Lewis. You are only going to get even more famous (as silly as that sounds).

No comments: