Thursday, November 27, 2008

I am oh so thankful

Yes, it's the season of giving thanks, and I am indeed grateful for the Formula 1 season just passed. While it was Lewis Hamilton and company that won the title in such dramatic fashion, I feel like the person who won the prize. It's hard to explain, but watching Hamilton the past three years had built such a sense of anticipation in me that only the World Driving Championship could satisfy... and now he has it.

If I were Lewis Hamilton... well, that would be special indeed.

So I just spent part of today and yesterday re-living the series, courtesy of the phenomenal video library at the official Formula 1 website. Their race recaps are short, but they are beautifully rendered with great music and editing. Enjoy the season all over again.

Thanks to all the people who make Formula 1 the greatest motorsport in the world, thanks to McLaren-Mercedes and their numerous sponsors for fielding a tremendous team and thank you, Lewis Hamilton, for doing your thing.

No comments: