Sunday, July 1, 2007

It's 3rd place for Hamilton as Ferrari takes the day in France

Pit strategy came to the fore in today's Grand Prix of France, which saw Ferrari take the top two steps on the podium, with Kimi Raikonnen getting the win over his Brazilian team mate Felipe Massa. McLaren's Lewis Hamilton kept his podium streak alive, and more importantly, stretched his championship points lead, by carding third place. Here's the story from Planet F1.com.

So what about the British Grand Prix next weekend? Says Lewis, "The Ferraris were very quick this weekend but I still think we can take it to them in the next race."

If I were Lewis Hamilton, the one race I would absolutely want to win in my rookie season would be my home Grand Prix. If Hamilton pulls of a win there next week, I believe the fans at Silverstone will lose their minds!

No comments: