Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hamilton: "I just hope that I’m still able to walk on the streets."

If I were Lewis Hamilton, I'd probably be concerned about the same thing. Now that the rookie Formula One driver has made history (again) and in three races, is vying for the championship points lead, his popularity in his home country has probably grown a "wee bit." At the post-race conference, Times reporter Ed Gorman asked Lewis to comment on his grand achievement and speculate on what "the reception is going to be like" in England.

Hamilton replied, "I think the support is growing and I’m looking forward to getting to Silverstone and seeing how many fans will be there, but it’s great. I’ve not experienced it yet so it will be new to me, and I just hope that I’m still able to walk on the streets."

I can't wait to see the new nicknames the British press dream up for him!

No comments: