Saturday, April 7, 2007

Hamilton qualifies 4th at Sepang

After setting fastest time in the third and final practice session, Lewis Hamilton clocked a 1:36.045 lap to notch 4th position on the grid for tomorrow's Malaysian Grand Prix.

Felipe Massa (Ferrari), Fernando Alonso (Mercedes-McLaren) and Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari), respectively, filled the top three slots on the grid.

Massa set a time slightly more than a full second faster than Hamilton, at 1:35.043. Yikes. But Hamilton mentioned during the post-qualifying press conference that he could have gone even faster:

"The car is working well and I think we could have had two cars on the front row. However when I came to Turn Seven it had started spitting with rain a little bit. I had experienced this at the test last week and knew it could be slippery, so I eased off a small amount. Apart from that everything went smoothly, and I’m confident for the race tomorrow. I’m on the clean side on the track and will aim to make a good start." (from Formula1.com)

Smart move to lift a little and still maintain a great qualifying position.

No comments: